Monday, January 4, 2016

man no be god

I found a book on Amazon (4 bucks if you download to kindle) by Dieter Lemke entitled man no be god.  It's a relatively quick read and is about a Canadian doctor who worked with the North American Baptist Conference at Banso Baptist and Mbingo Baptist Hospital (my future place of service) during the 2nd half of the 20th century.  I'm sure a lot has changed since his retirement back to Alberta but his insights regarding what his practice looked like and the cultural barriers/taboos he had to grapple with is quite fascinating.  It is helping me with context for when I arrive this upcoming October, and I am sure it will help you all better understand what I'm stepping into as well.  Enjoy if you have the time and/or interest.

Warmest regards this blustery January morn

~Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment